Monday, May 2, 2011

Canadian Election 2011

I think I may have lost a few friends on social media because of the election results.  I've traditionally been more conservative than liberal so I'm pretty satisfied with the results (hey, I used to be more right than the right in the US...I've only mellowed out a little since university).  And consider that the opposition is more left winged than the (now-on-life-support) Liberals, I think we're in a good place, especially.  The NDP will keep things in check, I think, even though the Conservatives have a majority.  They'll provide more to debate about, and a stronger debate at that.  This would NOT be the case with the more traditional Liberal Party as Official Opposition.

A lot of people are upset at my perspective of things because I'm ok with the results.  But they have to look at things from all points of view.  For a lot of people, politics is about them and only them.  Very egotistical, I think.  Anyway, I'm trying to keep myself from blowing up in front of people because I know that if I do, I can risk my chances at ever being elected into ANY kind of government.  It's best to remain proper and lady-like - you really don't want to have a Donald Trump attitude, especially if you haven't even entered politics yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget