Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lebron James....

Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James reacts to a play against the Boston Celtics during the fourth quarter in Game 6 of their NBA Eastern Conference playoff basketball series in Boston, Massachusetts, in this May 13, 2010 file photo. July 1, 2010 marks the opening day of the free-agent signing period amid intense media speculation about whether James, the NBA's Most Valuable Player for the past two seasons, will remain at Cleveland. REUTERS/Adam Hunger/Files (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT BASKETBALL)
(couldn't find a picture of Lebron's Big Decision yet. Using this as a placeholder)


OMG....who the F__K does this guy think he is? I mean, the guy has an entire TV SPECIAL dedicated to announcing his BIG DECISION....yeah....the DECISION includes some movie trailer like dramatic voice in the intro. Really, NBA, is it that necessary? Do I have to say WTF? I don't get it, and I don't think I ever will.

Does anyone think his venue for the announcement is kind of strange? I realize that many basketball players make the Boys and Girls Clubs their main philanthropy, but why in front of a bunch of kids? Is this another WTF? I know he can't announce this in say, Miami, since it'll be obvious, but Greenwich? It's still a little close to New York City (one of his so-called possibilities), I think. It'll be like some hockey player who may or may not be going to Toronto making his decision in, say, Guelph. Heck, maybe even somewhere like Oakville or Mississauga.

I don't think any other athlete has ever made a "big decision" on prime time TV like this before. Actually I'm pretty sure people would have laughed at Michael Jordan's face if he did that 15 years ago. You make these decisions over a press conference which will later be aired on the news. That's the proper way of doing things. Of course, Lebron being Lebron will not do that. He plays by his own rules. He isn't just some big star athlete. Though I still think he's a media whore.

By the way, Lebron is going to: Miami....yeah, everyone was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picapp Widget